PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS pilot strike
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 00:32
Hanguren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I am not swedish, and nor a member in SPF og Pilotförbundet, but I have been quite active in union work some years ago, and the situation is not new. IFALPA have some quite strange and hard rules regarding who is a part of the accosiation, and this have led to a lot of disputes in many contries:

In Finland, the union of Finnair had a sole right to be a part of IFALPA, which led to a situation where Blue1 pilots could not join the international community. Was that fair...? I think not...!

In Canada, the situation was opposite; A dispute between Air Canada pilots and pilots from regional carriers (surprise; regarding seniority...!) led to a situation where pilots in all carriers in Canada except Air Canada pilots are a part of IFALPA. This was like 15 years ago, and Air Canada pilots are still not a part of IFALPA. A good situation...? I think not...!

I neither salute or get angry about the actions by "Pilotförbundet". I can understand their opinions, I do not agree with all of them, but as I have written before; Even though SAS is not alone: They way they have incorporated other pilot groups tend to lead to separation and not unity. If all mergers were done the same way it would probably have been easier to accept, but when they even cant descide in ONE way to handle mergers, SAS and the pilot unions are asking for trouble!

And by the way; Danish pilots are as nice guys as us Norwegians.... - and actually also those Swedes...!