PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Benefits Calc
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 23:22
passpartout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that this shows some of the benefits that we take for granted. I worked it out for me and it almost doubled my salary - granted, I don't claim anywhere near what I could for things like CEA or ELC, but I think that we tend to forget what is available out there.

The pension, although not enough to live on, is not to be sniffed at either, especially if the gratuity is included. While civilians don't expect to be sent away to be shot at, we do, and they don't get anywhere near as many packages in their salaries. It's not all bad - I know a lot of what is expected of us is rubbish and we are asked to do more and more with less and less, but we're not unique in that respect.

I await the incoming storm.

Edit: And I think that it is pointless trying to compare ourselves with MPs. They have their noses in their troughs and will always vote themselves more and more perks, until the major parties announce stands on things like rental allowances.

I think that Brown is poisonous, but he did make some sort of effort on wages (his own in particular) when he became the Chancellor all those sorry years ago