PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - the best and worst
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 20:53
GwynM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA - the best and worst

When BA are good, they are very, very good.

However, on the LHR - ABZ flight they are consistently very, very bad.

Today the 16.30ish was cancelled, and an up himself youth on the sales desk decided to show his superior knowledge by telling someone that they had to call it an operational problem, even though he knew it was due to a problem on the runway. He then started shouting (well, talking loudly and refusing to be interrupted) at a passenger who had the temerity to mention that the number if times that flight is cancelled, it was just as likely to be to save the costs of an empty flight.

He then proceeded to tell me that even though I had a fully flexible ticket, he could refuse to book me on the flight (even the 8.30pm ish) until I told him the fare (£318.40), but he refused to explain what else he meant, because he had my booking in front of him.

Oh well, a quick change to Flybe to Gatwick on the 17.10 (thank you - travel company), and back home slightly earlier than I would have been on the 18.00, (and I've just checked and the late flight is getting in to LHR almost an hour late.

So, why are about 50% of the LHR-ABZ-LHR flights over 30 minutes late. Boes BA really hate people who have to go to Aberdeen. Are any other BA routes so Bl00dy Aweful?

OK, rant over, and if only sleazy jet had a flight to Luton at about 5pm life would be much better.