PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th May 2008, 20:28
Fullboat2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with SOPS completely. There are things that you can and should prepare for in the interview. There are also things that are beyond your control as well and it will do you no good to get worked up about them.

Emirates is a first class operation. While they specifically say that they want you and need you, they are also going to only hire those who meet their standards. As they should! I very much enjoyed the interview experience although I wasn't that impressed with my own performance :0|

Don't quote me on any of this but with regards to travel benefits... I got a little confused on how it works exactly, but basically, you do get some sort of unlimited travel on Emirates. Something called 99s I believe. There are also ID 90 and ID 50 rates on your own airline with the ID 50 being positive space. There was much talk about how no one could really non rev very well due to the high load factors 94%-96%. No wonder they are making a killing!

Lastly, no, they will not fly your spouse out. Three people I know, myself included, were not able to bring our significant others as the travel arrangements were not set until the last minute. My travel was arranged 36 hours prior to my interview, another guy had one day's notice, and another guy had his interview dates switched by a week only a week ahead of time. They are just swamped there at EK.

Ttalk about an impressive operation though....