PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 15th May 2008, 17:04
Orvil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Wiggy,
Thanks for your comments.

I have researched all of these "SSTR and line training companies" and it's sad to say that most are run by current line Pilots in high management positions.

What BALPA could do is expel them from the Union (if they're members of course). They may change their minds about exploiting in-experienced Pilots when they have to shop individually for the financial benefits they recieve from BALPA.

BALPA could also speak to the airlines who are taking these people on. I may seem naive but I keep ready on this website and others that we are a profession. May be management Pilots could start acting professionaly rather than dodgy fly-by-night market traders.

I know, one of the arguments is that "if people are willing to pay then so be it". May be we should take the same argument for other professions. Let's use Doctors- for their internship, Accountants - articles and Lawyers (ok they can pay ;-) ). Would you let a Doctor mess about with your insides knowing they had to borrow £40,000 for the pleasure and then not get paid!

Thanks once again. I await the ridicule.

Orvil