PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The value of the ASIC
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 13:55
frothy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HH, last month 21st April was my fortieth aniversary of my involment in Aviation.
On your profile you were a pup then, but your catching up 'cause I don't have Birthdays now, so at the present rate you should be older than me shortly
Oh to go back in time, no ASIC , very little bitching, airmanship was alive and well, ATC and FSU helped you out of spots you possibly shouldn't have been in.
Pilots could actually read a map and correct drift. Young blokes probably wouldn't know the 1:60 Rule. DON'T PANIC the GPS has dropped out.
There was nothing wrong with Full Position Reporting, and most importantly the Comraderie amongst Pilots at all Levels. In the Bar when I first started shutting up and listening to the likes of Russ Evans,Pedro Cerlewis,Lintan Kloster, Vic Walton, Myles Lewis, Stan Hone,Blackjack(Brian) Walker, Lance Fletcher and the list goes on. Learnt more there than in an aeroplane I think.
It's a shame the way the Industry is now. We will never pass that way again, just heaped high and buried in Regulation is our future. The security debarcle only the tip of the ice cube (the ice berg is yet to come).

Frothy