View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 13:55
EK_Bus Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates DEC

Dear Mr Swish,

In view of some of your previous posts;

"I come from Eastern Europe
I will never forget the F--ker from Oz, who on purpouse looked at my first log-book, upside down (it is in Cyrilic) just to make a point...
That was at an Emirates interview in Sept '97. He was a senior instructor on the 310...
I hate my job now, because in my dozen years of expat flying I had to prove I was at least 3 times better than everybody else on the short list, just coz I speak English with East European accent...
But beware "good guys" - we will pull the carpet from under yr feet soon, coz we r good n cheap
Basil, U know wah to do wit dat long finger of yrs, dat U wave at us, EE pilots...

Last edited by swish266 : 17th July 2006 at 21:15. "

AND

Quote: "Re: Latest EK selection news To d guys like LHR-R:
8000+ B767, 4000+ PIC B767, 5 continents - Do I qualify, Mate?
To the others:
Would U guys mind telling me how many of the following the average B777 captain's roster has each month:
1. B-to-B subcontinent (Pak, Ind, Bang) flts?
2. Long haul E-W of more than 9 hours?
3. Days away fro DXB?
4. Days in DXB incl stbys?
5. Flt duty hours?
This **** bout factoring of FDH for inflt rest, is it on?
I need to make a fast decision should I join yr happy/unhappy crowd.
Spare me d details bout accom n rest. I know DXB very well!
Tnx a lot whoever contributes a sensible input!
P.S.: I would appr if s/one sends me a sample B777 captain's roster. "

AND

QUOTE: " I feel exactly this way.
15 yrs of expat jobs killed my love for flying! I did not choose to leave my homeland - my a/l went under.
I am 43 but I am ready to go tomorrow. Still need to fly for another 7 though, so I can sail round the world like Immelmann wants.
My Dad's buddies all died within 2-3 years of 60. The lack of stress just killed them.
People say best 10 years of your career are 50-60. I would say the money we save between 50-60 pays for surviving untill 70.
Is this what I want? "

AND

QUOTE: " 'Nam & India I worked for HVN in the late '90ies, for 3.5 yrs. After I left, I used to say - "Will go back there only on a B52 with nukes".
Actually after spending 57 days on layovers in India in 2005 and doing 17 trips by June 2006 my choice is Vietnam.
Sorry guys.
I am scared to fly into India. Looking at the TCAS is one thing but listening on the radio is... mind-bogging! I've placed a 100USD bet that there will be a major accident in the next 6 months.
I started my expat flying in 1995. I can tell U - nobody will dish out d big bucks for a good look and a decent accent. They throw the big bucks at U because the job is crap - its risky.
On my last 3-day layover I had an open wound on my ankle (a rope burn) that was nicely healing. Guess what - it got infected in Bombay!!!
In a piss-pit like India and Vietnam an expat must consider above and before all the health issues... Because, "no honey, no money"...
A fellow pilot was diagnosed with viral meningitis in Saigon way back in '97. The air ambulance arrived within 2h from SIN - it took 8h to do his paperwork at customs&immi - they almost lost him.
Imagine U are driven to a flight in one of the shiny new Atoses or Indicas and U get smashed by a truck?! No medevac for U - you will bleed to death before any help gets to you through the traffic caused by the rubberneckers. And if at all U get to the hospital on time... Not worth going on...
I am just in the right mood to enlighten you guys, that think that can make a nice buck while on furlough...
On an expat job you are treated like an attachment to the a/c. Not a fragile human being, be it India, Vietnam, China or any other 3rd world place...
God Bless the uninformed!
Amen

Last edited by swish266 : 6th July 2007 at 11:26. "

AND QUOTE: "A few Golden Rules "
A Captain should:
  • Lead by example.
  • Not expect his crew to do something he doesn't like or can't do.
  • Never forget he started from the right and a PPL.
  • Offer comments only if the F/O has indicated they are welcome. Unless of course it's training.
  • Be humble enough to analyse his own mistakes for the benefit of the crew.
  • Adapt to his F/O's level of performance rather than expect vice-versa.
  • Be a Diplomat rather than a Dictator.
  • Involve/consult his crew about a decision, even if it is obvious his/her experience has led him/her to the right one.
  • Always be prepared to leave his mindset, even God made a few mistakes.
"I can go on for a while but should be off to ZRH with an overexperienced lady F/O and a newly released young guy... I hope I do not forget any of the above... "

In view of these wonderful and highly informative and I must say intelligently constructed Posts. We can all probably assume that you are a 44 year old Eastern European (previously rejected by E.K.). A highly experienced expatriat B767 Pilot with more than 6,ooo hours who hates everything to do with India (and F/O's ). And above all - with one HUGE CHIP on your shoulder.

I am sure our undeserving and highly under experienced F/O's will really enjoy a shafting from the likes of you BUDDY.

Enjoy the "Fun Fun Fun" in the 3rd World mate, coz with your attitude that's exactly where you will probably still be in 7 years!

I doubt very much that you can even spell C.R.M.