PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Engineers Set to Strike
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 11:59
delta 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay cool people,
the reasonable demand of 5% (ref ACTU sect) in line with cost of living is indeed a reasonable demand, when wages have grown at 4.8%

Given the past bragging of GD of record profits in the climate of harsh times etc, etc, surely this is what the public will hang him on especially when the general public are hurting too from interest rates, cost of living fuel costs etc.

All those record profits, no trickle down effect to the troops, and the fat cats getting fatter is real BAD for GD's case for 3%.

now consider the private equity bid, I cannot remember how many of the Qf management team were going to own a part of Qf, but it was around 1% of 11 billion when the deal was to be done (say 30 managers owning $110 million) it was to grow to 4.5% and Qf worth 40% more after 5 yrs.............soooooo

11 billion becomes 15.4 billion and the 30 odd managers worth 4.5% of that is worth 693 million, how much did GD miss out on? Is he pissed?

what do you reckon, guess he wants to kick heads

It's like a game of chess, be 3-5 steps ahead, make sure your back door is covered and every step is well thought out.

I reckon the ALAEA is doing a great job.....but it's early days, just stay cool and we'll win with logic, reason and the moral high ground

Just my thoughts

D4