PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Engineers Set to Strike
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 10:49
Whiskey Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck to the ginger beers, hopefully this can play out without the forecast doom and gloom from the usual suspects and you people get what is FAIR in todays CPI. Anything less when the profits are soaring, there is a shortage of your skills and fuel is "surcharged" is just plain rude. As PAF would be hesitant to point out supply and demand means you are now worth more coz there's less of you, even with the "trained strikebreakers". Interesting to see how that would play out with the right media spin.

The most interesting thing in all this is the continued angst from a range of big Q employees from across the board. I have a conehead mate who left to go to the Q recently and gets paid a bit more, staff travel, had all the ratings and is a very good LAME. After 6 months he wants back on less money with more work. He's well fed up with the culture in management. I have another couple of mates who are pilots with Q, who again enjoy their workmates, but hate the management and without getting too specific aren't exactly keen on the classics.Same with the MAM's they aren't exactly happy campers (no pun intended) from what I'm told.

It's sad to see what was once considered the pinnacle of aviation jobs in Australia turn into a bit of a curse. Good luck to the LAME's and well done with the PIA, good way to get them to listen without putting others out too much.