PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University of Liverpool Avionics and Aerospace BEng
Old 15th May 2008, 10:41
blista1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya,
I'm currently studying Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Bristol (not quite the experience you wanted but hopefully you'll find the information helpful.)

The only concern I would have with the course is that it is only a BEng. With so many people getting high class degrees, not just in engineering, the need to prove yourself is much higher than ever before. Hence getting a first class BEng will almost always be topped by someone with an MEng in the same subject. As such, the worth of the BEng degree is becoming lower as time progresses, this is why when I was looking at Unis (if that is the situation you are in?) I looked only towards those offering an MEng.

That's not to say getting a BEng is a bad thing at all, and with the relevant experience (i.e. placements etc) you could still compete for the top jobs however you may find it harder.

Please note however, this information is from what I have been told by lecturers/careers advisers etc. and not my personal experience from industry.

Cheers
Ali