PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pro's and Con's of each Cadetship
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 09:08
startingout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro's and Con's of each Cadetship

Hi all,

I have a hard pressed decision to make and really would like some help with being able to expand my knowledge on this topic. I understand that my outlook is shallow with no expansion but i have my reasons. Firstly i am a 42hr GFPT pilot with outlook forCPL subjects sometime soon ie next month time. I am looking at both the Qantas and Sharp Airlines Cadetships alone as these are the most practical etc etc....

just so you know im not a troll aswell just wanting to know some information on the two.

The thing is that i am struggling to find the major rift between the two. More or less without being rude what is my outlook from the two. Through friends who have been/are on the sharp course i understand that you recieve around 500hrs usually higher during the entire 18/16 and soon 12 month course, through training then thier metros and also charter work. With the outlook for REX or Qantas link directly after. As for the qantas course (I have an interview coming up end of the month for the Associate degree with GFS/Swinburne) you are given the 18 months training, instead of metro endo given King air, then sent out into the world for CIPP, usually with a regional airline subsidiary of Qantas link for two years at a minimum (have heard that you might be bonded on the Q4's). And then after that you have a number of hours 1/2'd through co-pilot position and the outlook to go onto qantas or another similar airline.

Also is there a best link for interview preperation on pprune? the search function is not really brining up much for me and starting to stress about some of it.

Forgive me if i am wrong with the above this is just an assumption of it all. would i please be able to be corrected if anything is out of order.

Regards,
SO