PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus vs Boeing
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 04:45
18-Wheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3/-The RDDMI is just another instrument -part of the standby flight instruments- and has two selections VOR/ADFs. I agree that its integration has been a problem BUT, contrarily to what you write, the ND displays correct course/radial informations. Therefore, one can perform VOR, VOR/D, ADF approaches without any trouble. If anything, I prefer the Airbus set-up to the one you are using.
Another uninformed myth shot down... ( not surprising, you guys usually go for the hype without any prior background check).
FWIW on most (I think) of the Qantas A330's there are no ADF's ftted.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it but which aeroplane has a nice big tray table to put your food on/ sleep on, whatever! -AIRBUS
Comfort comes first!

does the 777 have a tray table? I don't know?
Just move the seat back and there's plenty of room. It's not difficult FFS.

Oh and one other thing, I recently walked past a framed picture in a simulator building and had to look twice at what I saw, I picture of a DOUGLAS DC-3 with the caption below it saying BOEING DC-3 !!!!! How on EARTH
So how is that Boeing's fault?

i like the boeing FMC, airbus' isnt as user friendly in my opinion
That's simply a matter of training. I too found it 'orrible initially but after getting used to it, it's fine. You can do a lot more with it than the typical Honeywell/etc fitting to Boeings. The lack of scratchpad is very annoying though.