PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKCAD criticism
Thread: HKCAD criticism
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2008, 04:44
Rice Whine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Dyce regarding the HKCAD employees. Paranoia is rife in Hong Kong for a reason - management really is out to get people.

I, like Dyce, am ex HK so am intimately familiar with the problems that exist there and I have no doubt that things get worse by the year. i do feel however that only those that are left there can contribute accurate information about the situation and what needs to be done.
Once again the paranoia issue raises its ugly head and I understand why people "on the ground" are unwilling to speak out.
The advantage of an anonymous forum like this is that those who are game enough can actually provide some useful and interesting information.
Also, it is up to those people to speak out and make "the outside world" aware of just how bad the situation really is. They are the only ones who can provide the information to the world at large that will bring about changes - management certainly wont do anything unless forced by public/professional pressure - or a very nasty incident.
From what I have read here and in other forums about HK the dreaded TOIL system is being abused even more that in the past and traffic levels are ever increasing whilst staff/experience levels are dwindling.
This, combined with the cr@ppy roster, long commute times and lots of waiting for the bus - to get to and from the ATC complex - can only add up to increased fatigue levels amongst controllers. The ever present battle to get vacation leave and justly earned TOIL only exacerbates the problem.
As anyone in the aviation business knows, fatigue can only result in one thing - vastly decreased performance with predictable results.
Be strong guys (and gals) it is about time HK management woke up to themselves.