PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 14th May 2008, 20:50
Gypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4468 - thanks for taking the time to put together you reply to my earlier questions.

The connecting market from Paris etc to LHR is a debatable point as with that logic it would be difficult for any BA subsidary to fly from anywhere to the US if there was flight via LHR which could connect with a BA mainline service. Whilst there maybe an impact on BA transit pax numbers, the biggest threat with OS would be to Air France at CDG or any other major airline based at the origin airport; eg. LH in FRA or MUN but that supposedly is what competition is all about.

One of the most significant problems facing BA in my opinion is LHR itself - the way I look at it, LHR is such a horrible airport compared to many other major hubs in Europe and given a choice of going transatlantic from eg. AMS or LHR, I'd certainly not choose to connect through LHR and would go direct from AMS.

As far as the OS T's and C's are concerned I don't think they are as bad as some of the posts here suggest and many pilots flying jets with UK operators now would find them an improvement - can you blame these guys for being interested in the jobs?