PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 14th May 2008, 18:42
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
JVZ90 "Chug - I try (but perhaps fail) to keep my contributions related to the engineering processes surrounding design, airworthiness & safety management of complex systems - and understanding how & why these have failed with respect to the loss of 230. These processes are basically the same for civilian and military projects and driven by (safety) engineering best practice."
I think there comes a time when one has to peer out from the confines of one's own little world, where all the i's are dotted, the t's crossed, and see the "big picture". Little purpose to the exercise if the technical feedback/ implementation loop has responded as intended, if some 2* has placed a giant spanner in the works and brought it to a grinding halt. With respect the difference between the civil and military worlds is that the operators in the one are obliged to implement safety related procedures ordered by an independent regulator, whereas in the other they are not, because there isn't one!