PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK pilots top 5 or 6 highest paid in the world
Old 14th May 2008, 14:39
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pay - again

Not sure where we sit in the global pecking order but I have said this before and will say it again ref salary issues.

As a 5 year- line only- captain in the company for almost 9 years my last 12 months payslips came to about 820 000 dhs including every thing I get from company (accommodation/ERP ) etc. I could include the 12 % prov fund which after 9 years stands at about 160 000 USD (not enough to retire on but hey pays off the mortgage I have in Dubai (and yes I have bought here so am in front due to that opportunity by several 000's of dhs so very lucky)

So the point I make is that overall the financial returns from coming to EK - have been significant in my case. But you will all be different depending on your circumstances.

I would expect that with the 12 % basic rise announced today and the increase in other allowances next month, and 14 weeks PS I will push over a million dhs for the next 12 month period.

And I got a free 777 endorsement from them last year - and have flown just on 400 hours since July last year on the Boeing. (So not much overtime for me to add in at all) And I am a LINE captain...

So am I happy or not? - well I also went to Rydges plaza to see what Voz had to say and I can most certainly comfirm that 175KAUD plus a bit of super and a few other intangibles ( oh and less tax @ up to 42 cents in the dollar or so) is not going to be enough to make me give it up in a hurry to commute or live in Sydney for the privilege- and 1000 hours per annum too!
But think they will be great for the right guys to join up.

I Agree with all the inflation etc arguments but that is the reason the rental returns are over 10% net in DXB - if you can't beat them - join them!

Not trying to stick up for the claims about where we fit into the global pay scheme but personally I don't think the company are doing a bad job - at least in my case... oh ...and I am bouncing off 35 day recency the last three months due to extra leave they keep giving etc etc..

Just trying to balance the spleen venting arguments a little - hope they don't try to make me go to the office!! Woodj