PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus vs Boeing
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 13:43
GE90115BL2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The VOR problem effects UN-modified Airbus VOR receivers for ALL VOR approaches at ALL airports that require the redials 006 to 016.

Until modified the AIRBUS cannot do ANY type of VOR app at the airport using THOSE radials above.

Naha and Utapo are only 2 that I come accoss in SE Asia near HKG, any Airport that uses those radials is out.

My point is that this has been a software problem on Airbus aircraft for well over 3 years, WHY does it take soooo long to write a fix? It should be done quickly.

Not to mention the managed RNAV ban still in effect since an Airbus came close to a sea wall on approach. This happened over a year back.

Did I tell you about the Nose Wheel steering problem on the 330? Yep they couldn't use full nose wheel deflection for some bizaar reason. That was fixed after about 3 years finally.

The list goes on a bit longer with the problems my buddies tell me about. That's right the Airbus guys/girls I know love to tell all about their wonder jet. When drunk they wish they were flying the 777 again.

One day I probably will have to transfer to the Airbus, escpecially If I want a Base in OZ. I hope you'll welcome me into the Airbus family?

Who knows, maybe after the Airbus frontal Labotomy I'll like it too