PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia's AFP are operating Rotary Wing Airframes?
Old 14th May 2008, 12:57
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I simply say that the whole conversation is a nonsense.

First we refer to A helicopter hovering around above a full city load of possible targets and then they are going to pick one target off at positon Y when they are at position X (who knows how far away) with one shot from a totally unstable gun platform. When it comes to precision shooting over long distance that is a nonsense. The target of course will be deliberately almost invisible in a seething throng.

As I said it's been tried before- by the professionals - and dismissed. My informant remains invisible.

I further deride the hypothetical, by referring to the shooting of feral wallabies insdie a compound inside the city of Canberra.
Maybe the AFD could have practised there?? The whole cities authorities stuffed that one up, where were the AFP?

Just fortunately for me a further story came along on good ol' ABC about a wing commander from Tindal airbase who suggests that the only way to rid the famed Tindal airbase of wallabies - and thus get our OZ's most sophisticated front line airbase back up to even night time flying status - is to nuke 'em. He did concede that it would probably not be the best way??

Get out you clowns and read a bit more.

Shooting something from a chopper from a couple of hundred yards or less is dead easy, been there done that -thousands of times. But a couple of thousand of yards, with one shot, give over you guys.

AFP should spend their hard earned dollars on their core role of policing, and leave the killing to others.

As I say an absolute nonsense and a waste of dollars.
tet