PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Selection - Aptitude Testing ?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 08:41
Fullboat2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished the compass testing and the psyche testing less than one week ago. The only thing you can study for on the compass testing is the most basic of math (long division, basic add/subtract, and the easiest story problems in the history of the world!) questions and the typical ATPL stuff.

Frankly, the best I could have done on the ATP stuff was a 70%. I didn't know half of the answers. Common sense should guide you!

The psyche test was pretty dead on. You are gonna spend close to three hours answering simple yes or no, this or that, what if questions for three different tests. If you're worried about the psyche test you are already in trouble. Everyone out there is normal.....except for you... kidding...seriously ya gotta be bent sideways not to get thru the psyche test.

If anyone starts getting political on you, which no one experienced at my briefings, I highly recommend taking the inquisitive pose. Just look at them in wonder and ask lots of questions. Under no circumstances should you proffer an opinion! I really doubt you'll be faced with this. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me!

Emirates needs pilots. Like they told us when we arrived, we need you, the job is yours, prove to us that WE SHOULDN'T HIRE YOU.

Don't get caught up in the BS around here. If you know how to fly an airplane and shouldn't be locked up for deviant reasons, you can do this! Remember that....

Last edited by Fullboat2; 14th May 2008 at 18:21. Reason: Didn't sound right!