PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Selection - Aptitude Testing ?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 08:07
shazar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selection Tests

I actually work in HR and certified practitioner of psychometric tests and found the posting here interesting for me.

Emirates use General Ability Tests (GAT) to assess intelligence quotient and 16PF5 personality questionnaires (published by ASE Company in UK). I came to know this information while attending a course in UK few years ago. The questionnaire is used also for recruiting members of cabin crew. 16PF5 is very predictable tool, alike many psychometric based tools.

The second tool used is called assessment centres with includes employing several exercises such as in-tray, group exercises, ...etc mainly to measure several competencies such as team building, communication skills, ..etc

You may purchase ASE booklet which gives you practice on the questions. (do not buy those commercial ones; they are useless, rub your money and take a space of your home library). I can’t remember the title of the book now, but if you like, please contact me to get you the name when I am back to my flat.

I can’t disclose the tests and questionnaires for ethical and morale obligations but I may help on providing some tips to allow you well-prepared for the tests and interview. I can also recommend good night meal and taking an excellent cheap herb from any gulf traditional pharmacy if you are based in any gulf country (called Atar) for 10 to 14 days before the tests to make you think better than a university mathematics professor.