PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DEC
Thread: Emirates DEC
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 05:59
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon , very soon, Ek will have more US pilots than any other group. It will be very interesting to see how things change within the whole company. All we can get now are RJ pilots. If we are lucky 372 guys
I agree it will be interesting - as it was first time EK employed a large group of Americans.

Most EK drivers here will be too young to remember I.K., probably the most "stellar" of the stars of the first lot of DECs EK employed from the land of Mom an' Apple Pie. He too, eventually received the (apparently coveted) DCM (=don't come Monday) award from EK, but as far as the hapless FOs who had to fly with him and hold his hand, about three years after he should have.

Others will remember the other American DEC who changed villas so many times, the company put a stop to it, forbidding everyone from doing what, until that one individual screwed it for everybody, had been a particularly popular perk of the job - the ability to do a villa swap or move by mutual consent.

That same individual took it upon himself to rip up the astro turf his neighbour had laid on the roof of his garage a day or two after the neighbour moved out, leaving the place in a terrible mess - and the fellow who moved out responsible for the repair as far as the Housing Dept was concerned. The result? Housing Department now insist a villa or apartment must be left in EXACTLY the state it was in when you moved in. All improvements MUST be removed - with no exceptions. All thanks to that one individual.

767jock, (BTW, that's a very gender-confused 'handle'), I think you should "come on down" to EK. With the attitude you've displayed on this thread so far, you'll fit very snugly into the mould some of your countrymen have made for themselves here.