PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 13th May 2008, 21:27
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
JFZ90, unlike you, tucumseh, and others who post here I am part of the great unwashed who don't understand many of the cryptic initials standing for processes, organisations, procedures and I know not what, that is your "Lingua Franca". Because of that I see your post not as the erudite reasoned logic as I am sure it really is but as symptomatic of the bureaucratic jobsworth world that is the MOD's Military Airworthiness Regulation and Enforcement System. Lots of huff, lots of puff but b****r all Regulation or Enforcement, in this case at least it would seem. You may see the solution as an in depth look at Boscombe Down's part in all this, you may be right, but I suspect that such an Inquiry would be as effective as all the other BoI's that are the subjects of various threads on this Forum. From where I stand, that is outside looking in, this is a Tower of Babel that is for whatever reasons past its sell by date. The result has been the needless loss of many precious lives. It does not, and cannot, do its job, to ensure the Airworthiness of the UK Military Air Fleets. That awesome responsibility must be placed in more capable and responsible hands, that is a separate and independent Military Airworthiness Authority to which the MOD would be subject and responsible just as Air Operators are in the civil world to the CAA who have made a far far better fist of their responsibilities in this field than the MOD.