PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Information
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2008, 13:44
sonicstomp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound Analysis or Just Plain Hope?

Further to my last - on a closer examination of the LASORS I believe the issue with a ground tour is as follows:

1. Licence Validity is 5 yrs - don't go for longer than 5 yrs without a valid IR(A) in order to preserve the licence validity.

2. IR(A) is only valid for a year - this will lapse if a military IRT is not flown annually to preserve the military type rating (or is used to help revalidate a civil rating).

However when it comes to applying for a job (assuming military IRT done within the last 5 yrs):

1. Licence is still valid
2. IR(A) requires renewal - iaw LASORS, a QSP(A) is considered to have a valid and current IR if he has flown a green IRT in the last 5 yrs, for the purposes of adding a type rating. ** Not sure how this fits in **

Albeit out of the flying game for a period of time, I believe (hope?!) one would meet the eligibility criteria for an airline job application after spending a couple of years on the ground pre-exit??

Guys,

Does my summary ring true, or am I kidding myself?

In other words is a ground tour prior to exit to the outside world a total killer when it comes to getting a job??