PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 13th May 2008, 08:12
Gypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another unhelpful reply - sorry I don't have hours and hours of spare time to wade through the whole thread.

PPRUNE is supposed to be a forum where professional people can discuss issues affecting or interesting them. I think the questions were quite valid and in any open debate should be able to attract a reasonable answer. If you are unable to justify your case with reasonable responses then perhaps your case is not so strong.

If BA were starting a subsidary and that subsidary was taking over existing BA routes and operating them with non BA mainline pilots then I can see a big issue with that.

Q1, Why is it an issue for an airline to start a subsidary and start new routes serving a different market with that subsidary?

Q2, Why is this any different to BA starting GO at STN some 10 years ago?

It is quite normal business practice for big companies to start subsidaries to serve different markets.

Assuming OS goes ahead, I predict that eventually BALPA or a European equivalent will seek recognition and gladly take the subscriptions from the very pilots they want to prevent getting the jobs now