PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DEC
Thread: Emirates DEC
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2008, 05:43
alwayzinit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah "mensaboy?" did the nice gentleman asking a simple question touch a nerve?

For peps like me not in Mensa, the DEC thing on the face is tough on FOs already here, however, EK is a business not a charity organisation. To wit there is a little thing called insurance. The premiums for a wide body with a recently upgraded Capt crewed with a brand new on type FO are truly astronomical.

SIA have been doing the same thing for years (20+) trying to up the experience levels overall to keep the premiums down. Yes I know a fair number of FOs have had previous commands, but any promise from any manager is like a tampon...............always has strings attached.

Secondly training costs double if you upgrade all your fos and then train new ones.

Without meaning to sound trite, where in the FOM does it say life is fair, it's not, never has been, never will be.

That being the case you can let life's injustices eat you up or file them in the life experience file and move on.............and yes I have also been screwed in aviation more than once but the sun still comes up the next day.

Seriously "Mensa" good luck when your upgrade when it comes.

Alwayz