PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the purpose if not to help each other?
Old 12th May 2008, 21:56
sooty615

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the purpose if not to help each other?

When I recently signed up to pprune I assumed that one of the site's purposes was for like minded professionals (and wannabees) to help one another out by way of exchanging information.

Recently I heard that an operator acquainted to me was looking for a Captain to fly his soon to be delivered jet. Naturally I thought that sharing this news with others would be in line with the spirit or purpose of pprune, but alas, it would appear not to be the case - my post advertising the opportunity was removed - and without explanation. I questioned the mod (Chris) who removed the post, but received only a curt pm one line response stating that "We decided not to bother with your post" - and one without even the customary salutations of hello, or goodbye.

More recently I noticed another short lived post from Pace, who was seeking two SIC's for a Citation. Again this post was removed. I know not whether Pace inquired as to why his post was removed, but if he did I very much hope he received more than the one liner I got from the charming mod Chris.

This evening I noticed that 4HP had removed contact details of Bexair, who someone had pointed out were looking for pilots - another instance of mods deleting the exchange of information related to employment opportunities.

Perhaps the mod charged this week with monitoring Biz Jets etc would be kind enough to explain exactly how we are supposed to relay details of positions we know about to one another, if not through a forum such as this - or would it by any chance be related to advertising revenue??

Perhaps also, as a matter of interest, I wonder if the mod Chris is small in stature, or maybe he works in an industry that requires him to wear a uniform?

I wonder how long this one lasts - and me come to think of it??

Sooty