PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 15:31
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I'll re-phrase, making money is everything. Yes LCC model works on high volume BUT each flight (or route) still has a budget and a break even point. Anyone could fill two 747s to PRG from CWL tomorrow if they wanted to go bankrupt doing it. You are absolutely right setting the fares at Baby, easy, ryanair is an absolute artform. Fortunately there are people out there that are really good at it. However it is also a factor of peoples marginal propensity to spend, the people looking to fly CWL to PRG (used as a useful example) might have a very low figure in mind before they will press that book now button. Much lower than the same person might have to hit the button going to ALC or MJV. This means the fare the carrier has to lead with to generate the volume is just too low to provide any viable return across a route a flight or even a season. This is the reason baby are constantly changing their route structure trying to find that happy place where enough consumers will press the book now button at a price that makes the whole thing worthwhile.

And yes I believe I already said the Bean Counters can, and do, have their own agenda. But there's nothing any of us can do about that !

P.S. Rumour on BMI thread of 6 new hulls for Baby coming from Virgin Nigeria as they convert to bus all previously exEZY. There has been a lack of affordable classics in the market and that has not helped CWL as baby has chosen to concentrate on BHX. If true CWL will get the 4th aircraft and possibly some new routes or at least an improved less bitty timetable of existing ones.

But again rumour and speculation are just that !