PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200 hours Fresh ATPL...any jobs out there?
Old 12th May 2008, 13:00
Coastrider26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Picmas,

Let me explain some differences in HKG and Danmark (JAA country) Hong Kong has no conversion for a frozen ATPL you either have a CPL or an ATPL it's pretty conservative. If you apply here with a CPL and saying it is a ATPL or something to that extend you made sure your application will end up in the bin, Ok I'm not sure if the person would LOL and roll over the floor.

Point of consideration as easily as it was for me to attack the guy or girl it is for somebody doing recruitment, you do not want to put yourself in a situation like that. I must admit it was not the nicest way to point it out (point taken) TC terms might have been a bit more diplomatical.

Most people do not understand and may not come across the term 'frozen ATPL'. The term 'frozen ATPL' is adopted long time ago. Let me cut the story short, the system is associated with UKCAA system (the syllabus and exminations are based on United Kingdom CAA CAP509). Majority of people (including the HongKees) are ignorant and unfamilar with Malaysia's/Singapore's aviation terms. Perhaps, only those experienced aviators will understand what you wrote.
Now as far as my nationality picmas... Take a guess it's not HKG/PRC, I can read Danska