PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Engineers Set to Strike
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 10:58
Flugbegleiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I hope this goes somewhere this time. A couple of months ago, when you were going to take protected industrial action, I was getting all fired up and started logging stuff and was trying to encourage other cabin crew to do the same to support you, then all of a sudden it appeared as though you guys had rolled over and given in to the company for less than what you were asking. I was disappointed. You are the one group who really has a chance to take this greedy company on and possibly win.

I noticed last time, when I spoke to some (many?) Australian LAMEs doing transit checks, that they didn't seem that interested in us logging cabin defects at all; some even found it annoying! I really hope you guys are going to be united and all on the same page this time. Maybe your union should contact some other unions for some support - all legal, above-board stuff, of course. I am quite aware of what we legally can and can't do.

Good luck guys. I really hope you have some success this time. I am sick of seeing this company go to ****, especially Engineering - the heart and soul of this once great company.