PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 12th May 2008, 09:38
Pontiuspilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Standards? BA Standards? I recall BA cadets being chopped by BRAL when on attachment, and then being given a substantial number of extra sim sessions by mainline to get them through!

4468 - I didn't mention Maxjet, or mean to anyway. My point really is that regardless of the legal realities, I doubt even BA management would like to see even more broadsheet front pages, regardless of the provenance. The pax figures speak for themselves in April.
Regarding BALPA, again, a front page giving the other side of the story would make interesting reading, more on "The British Airways Line Pilots Association etc etc. I'm sure that will generate more public sympathy. After all, the only purpose of front pages is to sell newspapers, they are often, (like Union and Management statements), a little light on the 'actualite'.
Actually though, I think - getting back to the main thread - that it's irrelevant whether BA pilots deserve or get support from other pilot groups. Human nature being what it is, no-one will ever feel sorry for the City Financial sector redundancies, and nor will they for BA (or any) airline pilots who are perceived to be overpaid.

BTW Hand Solo, just for the record, when you say:
BA could of course tag you all on to the bottom of the mainline seniority list, just like they did with Cityflyer
Let's remember that only applied to Cityflier Mk One. You changed the rules for BACX and BAConnect, and the experience level of CityFlier Mk 2 shows how much people are expecting this time around, as so many people have left. Of course, you still have the nerve to demand LHS jobs for your mainline pals in Cityflier Mk 2, but you withhold reciprocity - as usual!