PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2008, 19:46
Aser

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
5th May 2008, 10:49 #493
heliski22

Posts: 103 And what about Manual Starting, boys and girls!

What about this scenario?

#2 up and running, move #1 EMS to IDLE and ................... nothing! Figlio di puttana!! Try it again, check all the switches, ECLs, Auto Mode, etc, still nothing but a 1 ENG MODE SEL caption has appeared on the CAS.

The checklist says Mode switch has failed and to "continue flight, monitoring parameters" but nowt about start-up.

However, with passengers happily aboard and ready to go as well as the nearest maintenance being a days camel ride away, what to do.............?

Well, as #2 is already fired up and, therefore, there is no shortage of precious voltage to keep everything running, switch # 1 to Manual and see what happens. Press the button and lo, it's spinning up, lights off and steadies itself at idle. # 1 back to Auto, the Caption disappears and they match.

So now, there's two engines running, and no warnings or cautions. What to do..............? Yep, I thought so too!

To add to the mix, there was nothing in the CMC afterwards - NOTHING. So, was it snag or was it not a snag? Was it a software fart or not? Did it happen or not?

Or should I still be waiting in a field for the camel-borne techie to come and tell me there was nothing wrong to start with and what the f****** hell was I playing at?

Now, I know it's Italian, and therefore apt to be a little peculiar, but I will NOT buy it flowers and mutter sweet things in its earhole..............just to get it to perform.
Hi Heliski22,

What about this scenario?
After landing, 1-2 ENG at IDLE
We want to move aircraft so put EMS 2 FLIGHT
Engine spools up at 100% but 2 ENG MODE SEL appears on CAS
Put EMS 1 to Flight and NF reach 100% without TQ matching... NG near IDLE
EMS 1 FLIGHT-IDLE-FLIGHT, nothing...
Try to put EMS 2 to IDLE and nothing happens
If you switch ENG 2 GOV => AUTO-MANUAL-AUTO
Everything working fine.

I've been told by Italian pilot also to check/move a little the ECLs, if they are not exactly in "FLIGHT" position you may have this problem.

Who is coming to Valencia??

Regards
Aser