PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti Airfield letter in todays Daily Mail
Old 11th May 2008, 18:09
airborne_artist
Red On, Green On

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, last year I had a very interesting conversation with an electrician working for the electricity board. He said that they had only just discovered that the cables were live and uncovered and if an aircraft had hit one the occupants would have been electrocuted. As these cables were by the barn where aircraft are stored he said that it had been dangerous.
It's unlikely that a pilot would attempt to land immediately adjacent to a barn/hangar and/or HV cables, and I very much doubt any pilot would deliberately place themselves in such danger.

The owner at about this time also sold his business to another company. I wonder if they know that the land is scheduled for development and we have been told that building is due to start on the northern end at the end of this year? Who would invest in a business with a limited lifespan? Or perhaps the owners know something that the rest of us don't - that development won't go ahead!
Caveat emptor - a buyer of a business and/or a freehold or leasehold will have had plenty of opportunity to conduct local planning searches and ask questions of the seller that would reveal such plans. Not quite sure what it has to do with allegations of low flying, though?

Why not post some pictures hear of the low flying so we can judge them for ourselves?