PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti Airfield letter in todays Daily Mail
Old 11th May 2008, 17:34
airborne_artist
Red On, Green On

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I note the owner Mr Norman Parry dosn't [sic] return my phone calls? Why? Is he guilty? He doen't [sic] answer the phone to other people either...
I'd advise against making what could be construed as nuisance calls to people, in favour of a clearly worded complaint to the CAA. Nuisance calls come under three Acts of Parliament:
  • The Malicious Communications Act 1988, which lists offences relating to sending indecent, offensive or threatening letters, electronic communications or articles with the intention of causing distress or anxiety to those receiving them.
  • The Protection From Harassment Act 1997, under which a person must not pursue a course of conduct
    (a) which amounts to harassment of another person, and
    (b) which he/she knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of another person.
  • The Telecommunications Act of 1984, which states that a person who:
    (a) “sends, by means of a public telecommunications system, a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character;
    or
    (b) sends by those means, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, a message that he knows to be false or persistently makes use for that purpose of a telecommunications system,”
    is guilty of an offence.
Best to stay the right side of the law if you are accusing others of not doing so.