PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pan US trip any takers?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2008, 14:34
Longfinals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keygrip:

You are nearly right with most things.. i am going to tryt o keep the trip as cheap as possible so when it comes to hotels/motels staying at the $40 places instead of the $140. Now we are not going to fall out before the trip about you choose 4-5 and i choose 4-5. The idea is to fly "together", i have done enough long trips to know that after a few hours on your own it gets boring so thats why i'm asking on this forum if anyone wants to tag along, anyone coming will want to fly and fly P1 which is fine by me but as i am responsible for the a/c at the end of the day i will "have control", that doesn't mean that i am over cautious and over controlling and i have flown with lots of different people as P2.

No idea about your checkout just make sure it's in your log book. 10 hours each is correct (roughly), which maybe can be done in 3 days (?). In the past when i did a flight from Key west- Memphis we started early in the morning and flew for 1.5 hours did a short stop, flew another hour or so stopped for lunch and then again in the afternoon. Finishing around 5-6 and looking for somewhere to stay. If we felt like it we flew a bit longer, one day we stopped after 2 hours to visit "jack Daniels" distillery in Tennesse.

I am looking for someone who wants to share the trip 50/50 so not interested in anyone who wants to come along for 3 hours of flying. I have 980 TT, with 250 multi and about 100 instrument as i spent a winter flying in the UK. Have about 150 hours + on Arrow's (I, II & III) and will have flown on the 6 & 7th June. Flown all over the US so familiar with procedures etc.

so to go back to prices 20 hours @ 10 gall/ hour $5/gall= $1000 for the trip so $500 each plus hotels for 4-5 nights @ $50/night = 175 each total is 675 plus flights and any extras call it $1000 which works out at $100/hour, not bad i reckon.

What experience have you got?