PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Engineers Set to Strike
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2008, 13:39
sikwog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am dedicated to providing the BEST quality maintenance and love my job. We all fly on these from time to time and we need to keep that standard reguardless of the pressures put on us. I WAS once a "speedy lets fix it to minimalise delays but that allitude died along with lost of my fellow work mates. The BOOKS are there for a reason so put up that umbrella and cover your backsides, our licenses are paying for our lifestyles that are going down hill. Stick togeather and ignore +dont reply to the "company related oxygen thiefs" that post properganda, it will only cause this forum to be locked out and we need all the feedback from ALL our mates world wide to remain united. Even though I would never resign, being locked out does not worry me and there is life outside QF. If you lok in the PPM there is provision for taking extended breaks during excessive workloads, and PLEASE would ALL you guys closely read the ETOPS manual and once interpreted pass it on to all, then wait and see how many e/r flights become non e/r. This is a big one and has caused IOC and maint. watch serious greef. Study the tee5rc on e/r flight berfore arrival. VXK STBY rudder actuator has been leaking for ages and I believe it should be repaired so watch out for it. I will keep researching the QF system and post any relevent info as it arises. United we stand. On a finishing note, I feel sorry for those who require O/T to keep their heads above water and have no suggestions to this problem appart from taking a leaf out of GD's spending cutbacks. I hope I have not crossed any lines as PIA support is required by all for some sort of outcome. As stated before DONT answer the corporate/manager blogs as it only incites nasty comments due to highly emotional poeple and we need to keep this thread to continue as all parts of the QF family seem to be attracted to this thread and it is a valuable tool for all departments and will affect everybody, cheers SIKWOG. PS spell check didnt work so sorry.