PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 11th May 2008, 12:29
Legacy-Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Confirmation Call and VRD Process

I attended a VRD in Auckland, V called me to confirm a day or so before and posted a message on the website.

The C/C recruitment day was quite standard but much more friendly than the QCCA experience.

-Document check and registration

-Sit down at tables

-Presentation covering corporate info / vision / values etc and conditions / pay

-Group activity at your table - topic was examining some hypothetical customer complaints and looking at how to make improvements.

-One on two situational where you handle a disgruntled customer. They give you a written situation to study first. Then you act it out with an assessor while another observes/takes notes.

Culling - you get an envelope asking you to stay (or not) for the one on one interview.

One on one was about 8 "tell us a time when" situational questions and the obligatory "why do you want to be a V Hostie blah.."
- note - it is good when your assessor has their head down writing !! that means your giving them something to work with when faced with a PILE of applications to sort.
Think of some times when you dealt with a difficult customer, had a problem with a co-worker, were tempted to breach the chain of command etc. Be honest and remain upbeat and positive at all times.

Then you go home.

I had a nice day and the recruiters were all very nice, however the cabin crew manager (a lady with red hair) seemed like a bit of an ice maiden. I felt it all went very well but received the "We were so happy to meet you but no thanks" email two weeks down the track.

I must mention the pay etc.

$37500 "all rolled up" - which means no overtime (16 hour duties or disrupts with no o/t is a bit daunting)

"cash allowance to be paid at hotel"...."yet to be announced" sounded like a bit of a story - perhaps they might not want to dampen interest. I was thinking "$37K ?? is that it ?? the allowances would have to be decent - especially since about minimum needed to live in syd is $50K" and then they said nothing....i really got the impression they wanted to keep people guessing perhaps as a means of 'holding onto' candidates since training is still a way off (only my view).

10 % ? super - anyway it was more than the legal minimum of 9 %

layovers of at least 24 hours (you need 36 in LAX to feel human again)

28 day roster - 9 days off - plans for a bidding system

100 flying hours

.. So a bit of a let down on the pay which does not match OTE at QCCA (pending the allowances) but they certainly seemed professional and candidate friendly in that they kept you informed all they way through the process and got back to you when they said they would etc.

Best of luck all !!

Last edited by Legacy-Lover; 11th May 2008 at 12:50. Reason: spell correction