PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piper Cheyenne Series Questions
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2008, 01:43
rick1128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After operating several TP's over the years, I have formed my own opinions. While the King Air is the Cadillac of the class, you pay for that. The Cheyenne IA and II are decent work horses. There are enough of them out there, that parts can be gotten. The III is another story. Part are becoming more difficult to find. The Conquest is going through a SID program which may see several parked permanently. And it will cost upwards of 180,000 USD to meet. While I like the Merlin 3, unless you have some high performance experience, it will eat your lunch and desert also. Plus parts are getting difficult to come by. For a personal TP, I would go with either the Merlin 3B or the King Air B100. The B100 is the sleeper of the family. It has the same cabin as the 200, but burns a lot less fuel than any of the King Air family. Plus since most "King Air" pilots don't consider it a King Air, the price is much lower than even a C90. With the -10 engine mod, it will make serious tracks, plus handles ice reasonably well.