PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2008, 20:43
windowjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to be a wet blanket guys, but been there and done it all, TMJ investigation, MRI, septoplasty (twice), 3 grommets, on my second T tube plus mastoidectomy. And still have the blocked feeling and loss of hearing. I can also figure on one of the other medical forums in so far as I have hearing aids and thanks to some more enlightened medical attitudes and a helpful AME also hold a Class 1 medical!
The main problem is my right ear (funny that it's the same with others) but my audiologist said I would benefit from hearing aids in both ears - and he was right. I have small digital "in the ear" aids as I wear a headset but he reckons I could get better results with a behind the ear model.
Mine first started one day when I got a blocked ear and just couldn't clear it by swallowing and the hearing then went with it. The T tube definitely keeps it clear as I can actually hear the air escape when I blow my nose!
Good luck but I get the feeling you have to live with it - I've virtually stopped looking for a "cure" and accept it, reluctantly as otherwise it can take over your life always hoping for something new and being disappointed.