PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One eye pulsing with heartbeat.... a bit worried
Old 10th May 2008, 19:20
brockenspectre

Rainbow Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool One eye pulsing with heartbeat.... a bit worried

OKies... I know I may be worrying over nothing and I have made an app to see my GP (next Friday) but was just wondering if anyone could give insight in to what might be occurring here!

About three weeks ago, while walking the dog, I noticed that every time i looked left there were flashing lights in an arc on the RH side of my right eye. It was quite a sunny day and I do wear specs so I just thought it was something to do with light/reflection etc. The arc-ing continued and persisted overnight and for the next days... during this time my eye was watering and seemed to have a lot of floaters (I have seen some over the years but never like this - it was like a flock of birds!!)... then over the next few days these disappeared leaving behind a large floater in the centre of my field of vision (I flick my eye to the right to clear it) and an awareness of the eye pulsing with my heartbeat (not all the time but when I do something to increase blood pressure!) ... it is most unsettling. The eye feels as if it needs to be de-coked - taken out of socket and cleaned... but the vision is fine (apart from ye floater)... and there is a sense of discomfort. No gunk, no discharge and the watering has stopped.

As many of you know I have kinda-sorta been through the mill since a general anaesthetic induced parkinsonism in March 2006 so... I really don't want this to be an issue.

I have made an app with my GP for next Friday but was wondering if a fellow Prooner might cast a light on what might be happening here? I am, natch, open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks in advance for replies.