PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piper Cheyenne Series Questions
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2008, 08:18
radicalrabit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask someone who runs them

We looked at Cheyennes and spoke to Airmed who run or ran the XII and the III and both are useful but as pointed out spares can be a problem.
Someone else with vastly more experience has already gone into the smaller ones so I wont comment.

If I was buying one , which I really considered, I would only get the LS400
It will out climb everything else operate higher and for less money and looks better as well. Ok there will be a million people along shortly to tell you I know nothing because I am only a PPL student but I have spent the last 6 months looking at these for our own project.

The performance of the others you mentioned is lamentable by comparison and you would, according to the 20 odd people I had advising me, soon regret it.

The III and the 400 are what you should be looking for. (again in my opinion)
There is one for sale in Germany at the moment finnished in Metalic Green that is worth looking at (in my opinion) but listen to what everyone else says. Parts and cabin size will be an issue.

B200 are the tool for the job in our case because they do what it says on the tin, they still make them and they cost more because they are better built and give you more space (cabin size) and more reliability . If you are only flying with 3 or 4 on board you wont need the space, any more and you will notice the difference.

Do go and talk to the people who are operating them and ignore the guys who are trying to sell them to you . I could put you in touch with someone who has one for sale but I dont want to be treading one anyone elses toes so I wont.

GET INDEPENDANT OPINIONS AND ADVICE, asking on here was a good move, you will get advice.. I haven't mention the other aircraft as you asked specifically about the Cheyenne range.

Last edited by radicalrabit; 10th May 2008 at 08:26. Reason: spelling check