PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2008, 02:08
CWL_Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The route could be operated profitably without the subsidy. At least going on the number of passengers carried by the airline on the route to date.

From what I can gather, they are looking at introducing a midday service and even possibly looking at operating a weekend service. However, this would be dependent on operating more routes out of Ynys Mon in order to have a permanently based civilan ATC.

DUB and a route to Scotland (most likely Edinburgh) seem likely future routes.

Good news about the flights for the Heineken Cup on the 24th May (I will be at attendnace for the match), should make the airport extremely busy. Not to mention the current summer schedule that will be operating too.

Does anyone have any further information on future BMIbaby and/or Flybe expansion at Cardiff? As has been said before, PRG needs to be reinstated as the route performed very well. I'm sure that will happen in the near future. I hope that Baby keep going with WAW as that seems to be performing better than GDN from what I hear. Anyone else hearing the same about that particular route?