PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC/Night ratings
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2008, 19:59
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to spoil your elite party
Eh? You'll have to explain that one to me.

the DH minima are just the same as those for an IR (contrary to what some would have you believe).
Although there is a grey area here, the CAA recommend adding 200ft and an absolute minima of 500ft for an IMC rated pilot, as opposed to IR. It is unclear how it would be viewed if you did break these recommendations and have an incident. Not very good I would suggest.

Besides, not my point. The whole point of hour building is for your CPL. This is VFR. Instrument approaches are no use at all if you need to practise VFR navigation.

£2k is more like it.
Ok. Actually more with test fee, A/C hire, adding to license. But, again, not my point. You don't need it. It was not designed as a 'lead up' to the IR as you, and many others, suggest.

The fact is, the IR is 55 hours. Even if the IMC has made you an excellent IR pilot, you still need to do the 55 hours.

It is a luxury which most cannot afford. And nobody needs. Although I'm sure it's very enjoyable if you did it. It was designed for a very specific reason, nothing to do with ATPL.

Anyone can join this party!

EK