PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One school on your CV?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2008, 18:46
bajadj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jodiekeyz, that was exactly what I was planning to do. However, having almost completed my residential groundschool at OAA I've decided not to do the waypoint part (as have the majority of my groundschool course). The first reason is cost. It really is at least a third more expensive than anywhere else and almost double the cost of where i have chosen to do my training. The second reason is also cost!!! If you don't complete in minimum hours the cost of an hour in a seneca is about £420. The third reason is the seneca itself. I can't understand why anyone would want to pay more for a seneca than a twinstar.

In my opinion the groundschool at OAA is ok. There are some absolutely amazing groundschool instructors (most of which will also advise you not to do waypoint!) but things are getting really stretched in terms of numbers there.

My opinion is only as valid as the next blokes, but I am a currently OAA modular, my advice would be to talk to as many OAA mods as you can and make up your own mind, and make sure you talk to the modular guys, the integrated course is completely different. As a mod you are definitely second class at OAA and anyone trying to flannel you otherwise isn't being truthful!