PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 9th May 2008, 18:14
AWACS_bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colette and Tom a thank you so much I was about to give up all hope with people on this forum, but now I know there are people out there who are actually willing to help.

with regards to the hours I’ve clocked up I took 52 hours to complete my PPL,I have done 2 different flying scholarships with the ATC both the ACPNS (Air Cadet Pilot Nav.) and the standard ACPS (Air Cadet Pilot) so that equates to 25 hours, then I am also a flight staff cadet with 12 AEF at RAF Leuchars where I have got 1 hour of flying every Sunday for the last 9 months, well minus a couple of Sundays for obvious reasons. Then for the first 6 weeks after I completed my PPL I flew every Saturday morning usually 2 hours at a time because all I wanted to do was fly as soon as I had got my wings. So hopefully that will clear up any doubts as to how I have got such a high number of hours to date.

If the loan is the main thing putting you off becoming a pilot
Yes tom it is the biggest thing I have always been so careful with money- (wait for it "so careful?" you've wasted £13K on pointless flying) I can almost put £13K on who I think will be the first person to criticise this claim-but yea I don't want to be in debt at such an early stage of my life.

I think its difficult for someone rejected from becoming a military pilot (for whatever reason).
It is pretty gutting to be told something like that. The reason was I was too tall in the sitting height therefore was deemed unfit for commissioned aircrew.

Thanks again Colette and Tom for being understanding and actually realising I was asking a simple question, I appreciate it.