PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 9th May 2008, 17:49
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom a

I can't believe the negative and bitterly pedantic attitude taken by some people regarding a simple advice-seeking question.
Simple is exactly what it is not. Confused, illogical, nonsense or naieve. Even bollocks. But not simple. And trust me, he is getting very good and truthful advice. It's just not quite what he wanted to hear.

Colette, a very good point. It is very tight to fit in an IMC and over 150 hours into one of the worst winters for years. Especially for a 17 y/o at school. Very tight. And £20 per hour. Wet. You would be forgiven for thinking he's talking bollocks. Which he is, of course.

The reason people (myself included) have responded with quite forceful views is because we have all been there, know how difficult it is, and don't want someone to make the mistake of 'missing out' when they are in a near perfect position to realise their dream. However, we all made one assumption. That AWACS bhoy is being truthful. A little confused and potty, but ultimately truthful. Well, I suspect he is not. And in doing so, wasting our time.

AWACS bhoy, if you are being honest, you are a loon. An extermely rich, fortumate one who flys more often than all the full time instuctors I know (for £20 per hour) whilst still at school. But still a loon. If youre lying, you are sad. 23 years in a dark room is probably the best thing for you.

EK