PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan & Buccaneer
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2008, 13:56
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, the buddy-buddy shot was on a Buccaneer sortie but the nose-on shot (and the four-ship) was from a Hercules. We flew up to Lossie and at the briefing, they said they would fly four Buccaneers and four Hunters and use the side doors for the photography. When it got to the "any questions" bit, I stood up and asked if they could get one Buccaneer to come-up to the ramp for a nose-on shot. They looked a bit surprised but they figured they could just about work it, with the Buccaneer's stalling speed and the Hercules open-ramp max speed, etc. I said thank-you and off we went. Next thing, books and magazines all published nose-on shots from various photographers. I was a bit miffed that seen as it was me that had bothered to suggest it (everyone else just sat there looking sheepish), all the others had been all-too keen to take advantage of the opportunity! Oh well, guess there's no love lost between photographers eh?! Actually I didn't mind really - I got the shots I wanted and I guess everybody else did too.