PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T5 - Transport Select Committee Hearing 7-May-2008
Old 9th May 2008, 12:52
BIGBATMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All lots of replies!!

OORW;-Your right checking a double checking is silly however in a job like that of a pilot atc or Marshaller the choices they make are their choices and they take the fall.

The little feller doesnt have to check the stand entry guildance is working hes just got to make sure the stand is clear before he /she turns it on!!

Im all for marshalling every aircraft!!

The problem with the stands is stuff is just dumped and no way to chase down who dumped it, therefore no personal blame is taken and therefore people dont care and just dump stuff,
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Paxboy this is all to true!!

Is only when things go wrong they say O i didnt know that was happening!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cluster 1

They have bought in technogy that cant be used to it full potential because people stop it been used correctly i.e equipement on stand, stop this and things will run a lot smoother!!

It can scan for obstacles but when it finds something it has to stop because of the thing it found., the scanning idea is good its just when it finds something its relient on a human to shift it!!
And yes there is at least 4 mark one eys on the flightdeck, but still they can miss things its only human and it does happen so yes it deduces a problem but its not fair when they hit something for them to take the fall.

Yes the safedock has the capablity to be remote accessed but the idea is it only turned on when the stand is clear, and like the pilots it shouldnt be done froma camera, as this doesnt give a better view than someone there person.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know the ins and outs of how the system works other than when it is first calabrated it takes a (scan/ pictures/3d radar image) image of the stand, which is how it should be , jetty n box, Ground power in correct location and clear stand.
This image is the benchmark for the stand,
this is the image it looks for when you first turn on the guildance and if theres a tug where there shoudnt be it then does want to play.
I dont know weather it uses radar or lasers etc im afraid,

----------------------------------------------------------------------