PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Engineers Set to Strike
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2008, 07:56
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas engineers are planning a series of 48-hour strikes in their campaign for better pay.
Despite fare increases and a record profit year predicted Qantas has refused to improve on a pay offer of 3percent.
The Australian Licensed Engineers Association has begun balloting members and industrial action will probably start in two weeks.
Pundit. If you are going to post, please post fact, rather than a media cut and paste that spreads fear and uncertainty to other QF staff and travelling public etc. It does not help

The LAME had a secret ballot through the AEC for Protected Industrial Action. The results are as below.

Members are advised that the Australian Electoral Commission have now declared the
result of the protected action ballot. The results are -
Yes 993 No 226 Invalid 1 In favour 81.39 %
Percentage of Persons on Roll who Voted 81.14 %

As I am aware there are NO plans for 48-Hour strikes.!!
There are plans for Overtime bans starting next week period. see below
On any calendar day that a member is not rostered for regular duty for any part of that
day, no overtime will be performed by that member. This Protected Industrial Action
will continue until further notice

Within the PIA document, there are provisions to include bans on higher duties and or secondment and 48- hour stop work meetings.

So for the near future there are no strikes planned but allot can change in a week especially when dealing with QF

teresa green
fly out on the 16th (perhaps not) and as I am going staff travel
I think you will be fine as the bans won't start to delay INT flights for a few days.