PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 8th May 2008, 23:32
colette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile my 2p worth :)

Hey AWACS_bhoy,

I just wondered, it says you're only 17, and sure the last time I had a look through lasors you had to be 17 for PPL issue, so... assuming you passed in say approx 60 hours or something, you now have over 220 hours was it, plus have completed an IMC rating too. Thats a heck of alot of flying in less than a year, and living and flying in scotland too, I know the weather especially at the start of this year has been awful and certainly the flying club im with anyway havent had too many flyable days until recently. So at the same time as building those hours, being at school and gaining a B in advanced higher maths, thats a pretty tight and hectic schedule!!

(again apologies I could be wrong, you could have done many hours with ATC etc whatever im sure I will corrected if Ive picked it up wrong )

But my point anyway, you've obviously worked hard to build your hours while being at school etc and obviously love flying as you must have had to dedicate all your weekends/holidays to do it. Your first post states that it has been your lifelong ambition to become an airline pilot... well you're in a fantastic position to do that right now!! Forget 20 years time!

No one knows what the markets going to be like then so no one can tell you a definite yes or no as to whether you will get a job or not.

I do sympathise that you're confused about which road to take and 17 is still young to make such a life changing decision, but at the the same time its what YOU want to do that counts, it doesnt matter what anyone on heres opinion is, or your family/school etc, do what option you feel you would be happiest in.

I think thats the only reason folk on here are getting frustrated as it stated in your post that an airline pilot is your lifelong ambition, and with 220 hours/IMC/good grades and only 17, I think you're post should have been titled 'Can anyone recommend a good school for CPL/IR?' not something about airline jobs when you're in your forties!!

Anyway I dont know if thats been any help whatsoever but I hope you make the right decision and it all works out in the end