PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF getting worse?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 23:17
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must reply to Take-off's post...

Take off, you said that we (I presume you mean cabin crew) all hate all slf. This is obviously not correct. What we are trying to discuss here is that SOME slf are getting more rude, simple as that. We all have had experiences where a slf has behaved in a obnoxious manner, and in the last few years there seem to be more of this type of slf.

I don't know whether this is because there are more flights available or if it's humanity going down the pan so to speak. All I know is that it happens more regularly than it used to. However, this does not imply that ALL slf are hated/disliked.

You said that this is just the way it is these days (not in those words exactly), but I don't see why we should have to accept that? Should we not teach rude people good manners? Should we not show them the way to politeness? I think we should, as the world would feel so much nicer.

For slfs in general:

On the issues of having to show the boarding card again at the gate, told to turn your phone/computer/ipod/blackberry etc off, told when to put seat belt on/off, and basically being told what to do and when to do it onboard an airplane, there are reasons why we ask you to do this. We don't ask you to do these things because we are nasty or mean or control freaks, but because we HAVE to. Our lives are run by the rule book and procedures. We don't make/invent the procedures, but we have to implement them, otherwise our jobs would be on the line.

Therefore, I'm asking you in the nicest possible way, please do as you're asked by the cabin crew. Please be polite. Trust me, it's easier to conform than to rebel against rules.

Gg

Ps. I've just had another day with wonderful slf. Thanks 1A and 1C for the giggles, I had a great laugh with you guys.